The city of Milan began the construction of the first milk plant, which became operational in the month of January 1930. The Centrale became an European point of reference for the collection, the processing and the distribution of milk, as it was realized with the most updated technologies for that time.
In the early 90s the first dairy products like butter, soft cheese, ricotta, mozzarella, mascarpone, new types of dessert, and milk Accadì were introduced.
In 1998 the Centrale del Latte of Milan was recognized the status of “company with quality system certified ISO 9001.
Since December 2006 the Centrale del Latte moved to the new production plant in Pasturago di Vernate, where fresh milk, long-life UHT milk, yogurt and desserts are produced.